Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Guilty Traveler


I’m sitting in the Taipei airport right now, and I am wondering why I didnt do more here.  Sure, I was visiting my girlfriend, but I think I didnt experience that much.  We did travel by train, and that was eye opening to say the least.  I did try the local food, and I could not liove here for that reason.  Western food is ridiculously expensive, and their local food is really cheap.  The thing is that I can’t use chopsticks that well, and I dont feel satisfied when I’m finished.  The other thing is that they have meat in everything.  That makes me really sick.  I had to eat meat while I was here, otherwise it was candy and potato chips all day.

Being here really makes me appreciate what I do have, and it also makes me feel like I have way more that I need.  I think I need to minimize my life soon.  I feel guilty living in a place that twenty people over here could live in, and I am all by myself.  I know that it is our culture to have more that we need, but it makes me feel really wasteful.  

Hopefully I can make these changes soon to avoid a guilty concise.

No comments:

Post a Comment